First Place Winners in each category will receive:
- Nikon DSLR camera
- $100 gift card from Adorama, and one Grand Prize winner will receive a $500 Adorama gift card!
- PhotoServe portfolio ($860 value)
- 2012 PDN PhotoPlus Expo Gold Expo Pass
- Winners' images will be printed in the May 2012 issue of Photo District News and in a special Top Knots winners' gallery on our Web site.
Winning images will be reproduced in the May 2012 issue of PDN, which has a distribution of over 25,000 including over 5,000 influential art buyers, photo editors and art directors.
People's Choice Award: Log on to the contest Web site and vote for your favorites. The winning images will receive a People's Choice Award online.
- ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS
- GETTING READY
For further information please visit the competition website.
Complies with the Bill of Rights
This competition meets all the standards set out in
the Bill of Rights For Artists
Competitions which meet all the standards set out in the Bill of Rights For Artists do not do any of the following -
- claim copyright
- claim exclusive use
- seek waiving of moral rights
- fail to give a credit for all free usage
- add, alter, or remove metadata from submissions
- seek usage rights other than for promoting the contest and no other purpose. Note that a book, posters, cards, or a calendar are seen as legitimate ways of promoting the contest and defraying costs
- seek free usage rights in excess of 5 years
- use the submissions commercially without the entrant's agreement, and such commercial usage is to be subject to a freely negotiated license independently of the competition.
- make it a condition of winning that an entrant must sign a commercial usage agreement
- fail to publish all documents on the competition website that an entrant may have to sign
- fail to name the judges for this or last year's competition
- fail to explicitly state all the organisations who will acquire rights to the submissions
- set a closing date more than 18 months after the contest launch date
- fail to make clear statements of rights claimed and how submissions are used.
© Bill of Rights Supporters Group
The above text may be reproduced providing a link is given to the Bill of Rights For Artists.
Any text reproduced above in italics has been extracted from a competition website for the purposes of review.
Organisations who would like to be promoted as a Bill of Rights Supporter and have their competitions promoted on the Rights On List can use this contact form. One of the campaign team will get in touch with you.
Report created on 19/11/2011 : 12:48:31